Thursday, April 03, 2008

Training...


I was horribly sick this week with a cold so didn't feel like training much- but by yesterday afternoon I was feeling a little better so went out to the agility field.
Sarah and I set up a little sequence with discrimination, weave to weave, and some more open entry weave poles for Wicca. It went really well and for the exception of a few late front crosses we did pretty well. We worked on pulling to the other (not the obvious) tunnel mouth and it was a good exercise to work on timing. I finally was successful after I figured out to do less lead out and more lateral distance- not just a shoulder pull.
In a one hour session:
Weave Entries
Discrimination
Gamble Work
Weave to Weave
Tunnel Discrimination
Front Crosses
Next Time
Threadles
Gamble- Jump/Tire- no contacts
Weave Entries

I only took Wicca out- the boys all stayed home much to their dismay.



I am going herding tomorrow and initially had planned to take the three dogs- but now have to cut it down to one time slot so can take either just Wicca, or the two boys....I am still not sure which dog I will take. Wicca of course is the dog that I would like to get some herding titles on- but that won't be this summer for sure anyway. I think that it is good confidence for Vito and Boone- and that is something they both need. They had so much fun last time...it is a hard decision....



No comments: