Sunday, April 20, 2008

snow...

So I haven't been near agility equipment for two weeks- and with the weather the way it is now it doesn't look like this week is going to work out so well for training either. Which means that there will be training before the trial this next weekend.

Initially there were going to be two funmatches this weekend too- Saturday was going to be GDG's- but we have five inches of snow covering the a-frame. And sunday was supposed to be one in Calgary- but again the snow created problems. (traveling is not advised at the moment)

Anyway, I am not too concerned about Wicca missing the training time- up until the first weekend in April we had been training hard and often- so the few weeks off probably were good for her. I am sure the trial will be fun regardless of how well we do. (It always is!)

Boone on the other hand really could use the training time. I am not quite sure what I was thinking when I entered him. I think that I hadn't planned on how badly he would react in the training field. My plan is to still take him but I will be making his two runs short and very fun. I am going to pick a path that will work for him and run out of the ring to have a party. His second run is jumpers - and we have been working on commitment and increasing the value of a jump in my living room with my old PVC set.

We shall see anyway!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Are ya sure we cold make a snow path at the field, we would never get lost, just follow the snow, thought the little dogs might get lost ....

You and Boonie will be fine, and last time boonie was at the Arena, he was FINE, you know him and you will make sure nothing bad happens, remember, he'll tell you how he is feeling, EVEN before you are on the line!

Wicca on the other hand LOL, K has only been on equipment twice - since being off a month - but his foot is healed YAY!

It'll be fun to see how wild they are, I hope K is wild, you may not hope the same thing for Wic!