Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Holiday

I'm going on a holiday. I am pretty excited that I am actually going away for a non dog thing. I haven't been on a "holiday" for 6 or 7 years. Since I graduated High School- and went on a road trip with some friends. To Saskatchewan, it started out fun and of course didn't end up being too fun afterall. (drinking, camping, running out of food, fighting, drinking...highschool kinda stuff)

Anyway, I am going for a whole six days. We are going to Abbotsford- where Natalie has an aunt who owns a Greenhouse. Natalie is going for the plants. I am going just to get away.


This is a pretty spur of the moment kinda thing. And generally I don't do spur of the moment- but when Natalie started hinting that I go with her, after some rearranging and schedule shuffling it's a go. I am pretty excited.

I did have to change around all my classes (sorry guys) and take three days off work (eek!) and beg my dad to stay at my house to dogsit.....it took some pretty good persuading and in the end I am bringing Boone and leaving the corgis for him to look after. (there is still tension between Boone and my dad) So lucky dog Boone gets to come for a very long drive to spend the days hangin' out with me. We'll see if he thinks he's lucky!!!


I am excited about the prospect of going somewhere I've never been but a little nervous that I will be bored. As much as I feel that I am too busy when I have nothing planned and actually sit down for a minute I am instantly bored. Weird, I know. So this will be a learning experience for me. A long drive for nothing in particular! I am hoping we'll find some cool pet stores so that I can buy the dogs things...it will be really weird to not have them. Poor V-man is going to have no one to snuggle with!!!


I will have a full report of how much fun I had when I get back....

4 comments:

Kim said...

Good for you Amanda! You deserve a holiday.

the Corgi Girls said...

Ooooh, how fun, the kids are going to miss you though!

Take lots of pics to show us!

;o)

Jules said...

I am the same way, my idea of downtime is NOT doing nothing! It is doing what I want! ;-P I tend to get depressed if I have nothing to do.

I hope you, Boone, and Natalie have a great adventure. Maybe there will be some great hiking opportunities.

Paws on the Run said...

I keep hoping you will blog while you are away...I'll read it, even without pictures!