Monday, March 07, 2011

Weekend in Review

I put off writing this post until I had time to really think about how to express what I mean well enough.

I had a great weekend- it was awesome having all of the dogs there, I went for long walks with them each day, and got some obedience training in to boot! The courses were fun and interesting, and presented some good handling challenges. The girls ran well, and overall I was happy with them.

We had some pretty great runs this weekend that I am very proud of despite the lack of Q's. We came home with no clean runs at all this weekend- each run there seemed to be something, usually caused by me. lol. I got lost or nearly lost on almost every run. I hate that. Nothing I seem to do makes it better. It is a bit frustrating. And the more I try to remember them the worse it is...I have tried everything and the thing that works the best is shadow handling and visualising the course, but even that is not fool proof. I am confident in my handling abilities, and don't doubt my dogs ability. I am not worried, or stressed, or nervous when I step to the line, so I am pretty puzzled as to why I can't remember! The last trial was great- I didn't get lost at all. This trial not so much.


Wicca was very wound up on Saturday- she had some good moments of course, but lots of flinging herself around the course, flicking away or shooting out to off course obstacles. The jumpers in particular was awful. I was pretty frustrated with her, but know that in part it was my fault. I obviously was not clear enough, or quick enough, and she has lots of bad habits that come back to kick us in the ass once in a while. Sunday was much better- she was listening, and I was able to get some good handling in.  I am working hard to be in a better state of mind with her- stop focusing on the bad, and try to laugh at her more, enjoy her for who she is, and what she does. Wicca is certainly not going to change much- at 7 years old she is how she is. I do however take note of issues, and will continue to try to improve them but I am not going to obsess about it so much anymore. P.S I was SO stoked that she got that tunnel entrance...yay for me..




Pixel was great- any errors course wise are mine. She continues to do exactly what I say, even if I don't mean it. lol. She is very sensitive to my motion, or lack of, or the direction my feet are facing. She is a good dog. Although I am not a very good agility trainer apparently as she still does not understand that target means you must stop. She didn't have a solid 2o2o performance on the DW all weekend. I did get a chance to reinforce it twice though- but it isn't enough. I am looking forward to moving outside and getting to train more. Her weaves were great though and she got some really tough entries. She also was fast- I watched the videos and she was moving along at a pretty good pace.



So a good weekend- not the best results but still happy with the bits and pieces.
We had a huge group of Go Dog Go'ers at the trial and everyone did so awesome! Our students are really coming along and there were some huge improvements. I leant Wicca out to Jenilee for a standard run and it was great to watch. :) I think both Jen and Wicca had a good time. I love Wicca's face as she comes out of that last tunnel. LOL.



Oh, and I got to run an Aussie- twice! Which was fun, and I took a crap load of cute puppy pics which I will post tomorrow...

4 comments:

Karen said...

Nice runs, and fun to see fellow club member Sherry judging that last one:)

onecollie said...

those runs were awesome!,
I see what you mean about Pixel watching you soooo closely :)
Jenilee got a better start line stay then you LOL!

Sandie said...

I would love to talk to you about your experience wqith Wicca as it is very similar with Nelly When you drive aFerrari there is no room for the slightest mistake or hesitation. I think that tightens us up which is not helpful!
Sandie and the divas

Bluzagility said...

Hi how aout flukie I was at this trial with my deaf dog.