Saturday, March 12, 2011

At the dogpark


The Leader 10/52, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

We went to the dogpark for the first time since fall today. We do run off leash every day, but at "unofficial" off leash areas...

I remembered why we don't go there almost immediately. I wasn't even out of the car when a lab jumped all over me. And then jumped in the car while I was trying to get my guys out. I keep my guys on leash in the parking area now so once we were past the lab, and the parking area they were off like bullets. While the dogs were off sniffing and running around my dad and I had our eyes to the ground- the amount of dog shit was disgusting. Seriously. It was everywhere. No wonder people have issues with dog parks and off leash areas....

We quickly left the main area and then I was able to at least get some photos of the dogs without worrying where I was stepping. Vito, Pixel, and Wicca had a blast. Boone not so much. Reason number #200 why I don't like this dogpark- it's right next to a shooting range. Boone does not deal with that well and had to stay on leash. My dad is so great with him though and while I played fetch with the crazies he cuddled with Boone. :)




Although we won't be walking there anytime soon it was nice to have a change of scenery! Oh, and in case you didn't notice almost all of our snow is gone!!!! So excited for Spring!

6 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

Nothing quite like a romp at the park.

Anonymous said...

all the same reasons why we also don't like the dog park.
but it's so fantastically springlike out there, how can we not go??
Sarah B.

Sarah said...

dog parks suck ass i agree :) ... i walk my dogs so i don't see people ... it;s not even about the dogs most of the time LOL

great photos and great day to be outside!!!

Nicki said...

Love the pic of all three. Yeah for spring!

Lani said...

What a beautiful day for a walk -- the Pixel pic is especially lovely.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

These have to be the happiest, most fit dogs on the planet!