Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Weekend Goals


So we are off to Calgary this weekend for the Training Troop trial.
It should be lots of fun, and I have some specific goals for Wicca
that I thought I would share.
Goal #1- Teeter Contact. MUST stick it. No exceptions
Goal #2- No more than 2 bars per day. If there are more than that she is to be pulled off, no excuses.
Goal #3- Weave Entries.
and of course the normal Wicca trial "goals" of start lines, contacts, and control. Wicca and I are on a Snooker diet but I still have been practicing control around obstacles.

It's funny that I rarely get nervous with Wicca anymore. I remember when I first started trialing her- I actually got sick once. It's the weirdest thing as I am not even sure why I was so nervous- I think because I knew my handling wasn't as good as my dog- now that I am a better handler I think I stress less about it...weird.

I am however always excited to trial her. Running Wicca at an
agility trial is a rush like no other. It is amazing and when it
comes together it is the best feeling in the world. And when it smashes to a million pieces it feels horrible. But everytime I trial this dog we get better and better. She is amazing. I feel so lucky to have her.

No comments: