Monday, October 01, 2007

Agility Filled Weekend

We had yet another action packed weekend! Sarah and I travelled to Calgary early Friday morning for a seminar with Kathy Keats. It was a great day and I was very impressed by Kathy- she had lots of greats suggestions and tips and the exercises were very fun. Wicca had a great time! I also booked an Appointment with Susan Suttcliff- she is a Sports PhysioTherapist and did some really neat things to Wicca- this happened in the afternoon so I took it easy with her after that to let her recover. It did make a difference in her though over the agility weekend- she had no problems extending her back legs over a jump so there were less bars down!! Yay!!



We left Calgary and went directly to Medicine Hat that night for two days of Agility. I'd love to be able to say that the weather was perfect but unfortunately it pretty much sucked. It was wet, rainy, cold and miserable most of the day on Saturday- finally starting to clear up around 4pm. Bad weather or not I had a great day! Wicca was a good girl and we had some really good runs- the theme of the weekend seemed to be bad Weavepole entries. She missed every weave entry except one ALL weekend. Ugh.


Sunday was a better day weather wise- still cold but not rainy, and it actually warmed up in the afternoon. Wicca was more settled and actually seemed to be a bit stiff so I was sure to warm her up well, it was actually kind of weird- she would act uninterested and then as soon as she was on the line she was back to her intense little self. Very Strange.




The most exciting thing of the weekend was Steeplechase. I LOVE this game. Wicca ran the course in 35 seconds, knocked 2 bars, still qualified, AND placed THIRD overall! She was beat only by two VERY fast, experience dogs (Target and Zoom) I was thrilled. (Oh, and one bar was her fault, and the other was most definitely my fault)



NOTE: The pictures posted were taken by Steve from DigiK9- I bought the whole disc so I have a ton more that I will post on my website in the next few days...



No comments: