Friday, October 26, 2007

How Perfect...and Unusual

I think it is really neat that when you name your dog generally the dogs personality becomes perfect for the name. I know some really cool dogs and it always amazes me how well they suit their name. Now, I know some other really cool dogs with pretty ridiculous names but mostly I blame that on their owners bad choice. :o)

Take the name Wicca. What do you think of when you hear the name. I think a witch, intense, and fast. How would you describe my dog- a witch, intense, and fast. :o) See?!

What about Sam. He came named, and I couldn't think of anything. I know, lame. But what do you do. So- Sam is a happy name, one that I attribute to retrievers mostly..and well, Sam is very retriever like sometimes. This dog has a serious case of ADD.....

And little Vito. Initially Vito was named after Danny Devito But later on we discovered (well, sarah actually) that Vito is very much a Mobster name...And well, Vito does think he rules the world. He can be a bully and has no problem bossing other dogs around....he is also suspicious and doesn't trust a lot of people...perfect eh?

I have friends dogs too- that for the weirdest reason their names are perfect...

Coulee- I had never met a dog named Coulee before. And I had never met a dog quite like Coulee before. She is a Golden Retriever/Border Collie cross who is exactly what you would think that cross would be like. Hyper, Energetic, and well, Active. She is the color of the Coulees in the fall, and has wild hair, and fuzzy toes. Her name suits her...it's quite amazing really...

And then there is McKeely- I had never heard the name for a dog before and I will admit that I was skeptical at first. But wow- does her name ever fit. Mckeely is a Weimeraner. She is a girly dog, but not really. Kind of like her name- it is definitely feminine, but not girly. Mckeely is an active dog and was named after a Tennis player or something like that...for whatever reason it works!

And my last Unusual but Perfect name-
Perkins- he is a miniature dachsie who is undeniably just Perkins. He was named after a device for hearing impaired people, and again for some reason is an amazing name. Perkins is Mr.Personality. This dog is happy, happy and loves most people. Everyone knows who Perki is and of course he is adored wherever he goes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun topic!

Keegan is a Welsh name meaning "small and determined" and I've also heard "fiery." Well, he is a beautiful deep orangey-red, like fire and he is also exceptionally determined. He just will... not... give... up.

Sorrel came to me with her name. She was named after the herb that has a delicate lemony flavor (good with fish). Sorrel is a very girly-girl. Dainty. And yet she adds her own flavor to all the proceedings - never have I met a more complicated doggie brain.

Finally, Nikita. She took forever to name. I thought I was going to be stuck calling her "puppy." :) None of the girl names I chose for her seemed to fit. She was such a bad-ass, even as a puppy. So we finally decided on Nikita, from "La Femme Nikita", my favorite TV show. She's a strong little woman - knows her own mind. Will happily get physical to prove her point and will threaten to kill you if you don't bend to her will. She is athletic, fast and agile as all secret agents should be. Finally, she loves to hide under and behind things (counters, beds, cars) and observe. She's a covert agent. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love names, I have collection now of ones that I like, and it is always interesting to hear the story behind the name...