Thursday, October 04, 2007

Friends

Last night a funny thing happened. My friend- who shall remain nameless- said to me "I read your blog and it's great but how come I'm not mentioned?" of course she was joking but really it did get me thinking about how trivial some of the things I post about are. I don't want anyone to think that I am someone who does nothing but dog stuff...oh wait, I am that someone! Really. I work at a dog daycare. I teach dog classes four days a week, and trial at least one weekend a month. I have four dogs and am a main player in a dog rescue group. All of my friends have dogs, love dogs and are generally interested in dogs. So I tend to talk pretty much about dogs.
Anyway, I started thinking last night about my friends, and I guess just friendships in general. I have a few close friends, lots of friends, and tons of aquaintances. I consider myself a pretty outgoing person. But lets face it. I can be a bitch. I am bossy and I like to be right. I am not sure I would be friends with myself some days. But I still manage to have friends. It's amazing really.

Friends are an important thing to have in life and I feel that I have really great friends. My friends have been here supporting me through Sam's issues, they were here when Wicca was so sick with Parvo, and they were here to tell me that I was indeed keeping Vito. :o) All in all I am pretty glad I have such a great group of friends.

This particular friend who started all this is someone who has dogs of her own (of course) She has a Golden Retriever named Chloe and a Standard Xolo.....named Cholti. She and I spend quite a bit of time together as we are the operators of Prairie Dog Canine Rescue. She is very passionate about dog rescue and is a fun person to be around. She is also the type of person who is always helpful and is someone you can depend on. I call her at least twice a day- sometimes, okay quite often, more than 5 times a day. She is one of those people who always has something to say- and is blunt and to the point. She is an animal lover, and treats all animals and most people with respect. She does lots for me, and I like to think that I return the favor. She recently went to new york and brought me back a great sweater- that if you can beleive it I haven't even wrecked yet!!! I consider her one of my closest friends and we know that we can count on each other. Right?
So Natalie- look, I mentioned you, I even complimented you, and if I had a
picture of you I'd post it just so I could say that I did. Hah. :o)


Moving on,
I don't want my other friends to think that I don't care about them so everyone else- Hi! You know who you are, and are probably thankful that I am not mentioning you specifically..hehe...

So I guess the whole point to this rambling- non dog post is to say "Thanks" to all my friends for just being my friend.
(and of course to mention Natalie so she doesn't feel left out...)

-Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey auntie amanda you don't mention me enough, I even give you kisses and bite your fingers off when you give me kisses. U are my favourite auntie though, you always buy me the best BLING, what does a girl have to do to get noticed these days!!

yours truly in royalty,

Miss Jane

Anonymous said...

sorry Janie!!!