Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yay for good dogs. :)

I had a great night at class tonite. I was in a good mood from start to finish, and am just so pleased with the girls.

Wicca didn't knock one bar all night. Serious. That is a rare occurance. The sequences were challenging and I was confident in my abilities to handle them with my dog. Yay for Me! We did some fun gamble things and worked on my timing of the "turn" cue over the bar. The bar stayed up so it must have been good!

Pixel was a good girl. I brought her out for really short fast sequences and kept her up and pumped each second. It was exhausting, but so worth it. She was very fast (for her) and had super rhythm in the poles. She missed a few entries but we ended the weaves on a tough entry that she nailed. Sarah gave me some more good advice tonite with her- although I try already, I need to make sure that I am varying the placement of my reward more, and keep it moving. So reward and continue on right away instead of resetting her. Also having the toy "dissapear" sometimes and then bringing it back out will keep her guessing.

Anyway, just super stoked about tonite. :)

oh and does Pixel not look like some sort of alien in this photo. lol. she totally makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Yea!!!!