Monday, January 17, 2011

Training Troop Results

I had a great weekend- I was relaxed, happy, and focused for each of my runs. It was pretty perfect really.

Wicca was incredible. She is continuing to listen and pay attention which makes me very happy. The courses were not easy this weekend and we managed to do each one with confidence. I knew what would work for my dog and am proud of the little successes we had. She knocked a bar or two in every round however- I really need to get back and do more jump grids with her but am not sure where I will find the time, or the space. The run I am most proud of is her jumpers- which is the second run in the video. I didn't get lost. And except for the flick to the tunnel (BRAT!) it was very nice and smooth. It's a shame about the bar, but even with that I am still pretty stoked about it. We did get a gamble Q but it was a sloppy, messy run that I won't post. lol



Pixel was great- I only had her in three things and she was super. She was fast, and peppy, and did exactly what I told her to do. Running her in masters was fun! We really need to get those weaves sorted out- but I am so impressed with her confidence. She brought home a snooker Q. She was a little weird on the teeter again- actually bailed off in the closing of my snooker run...But overall I came away knowing a bit more about her. I got lots of compliments about her and how cute and happy she looks- and that's pretty awesome. :) oh, and i should add that she ALMOST got the advanced gamble...which is way awesome.



I have mixed feelings about Boone. Rewatching the videos he doesn't look to bad. No outward signs of stress really. But I could feel that he wasn't quite with me. It's strange. He was happy though and ran his little starters course pretty well, he liked the steeplechase but the two sets of twelve poles fried his brains and we were over time. I am going to continue to slowly add pressure in training and see if we can get him past whatever this is....



I am proud of my dogs this weekend- they all have their strengths, and weaknesses. As usual we have lots to work before the next trial!

NOTE: I couldn't get the embed code to work! Will sort it out later...

1 comment:

Gay Harley said...

I could just steal your dogs. Love those Cardis!!!!! But I'm a little biased. ;-)

Seriously, awesome work Amanda!!

--gay in ns