Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy and Sad

Yesterday I made someone very happy by telling them that Dave could indeed be their dog if they still wanted him. He will be going to the best home ever and I am very happy for him. He is a dog with a soul and heart that is too big to even put into words. He is an incredible dog- one of those dogs that is definitely a once in a lifetime dog. And I am giving him away.

It makes my heart hurt a bit. I love this dog. I love him too much to keep for myself though. He deserves a home where he will be the center of someones universe. And so it shall be.

I often have foster dogs for months and months and yes, there have been some that were hard to give up, and ones that I couldn't (Boone and Vito). In Boone and Vito's case I made the decision with my heart, and not my head. This time I let my brain do the decision making. And I know in my heart that I am making the right decision. It doesn't make it any easier though- I am sure I will cry when he leaves. But in a happy way.

He still has to be neutered- am hoping to get him in early next week, and then once he's recovered from that he will be off to live the life of luxury with a family who will adore him. I wish all dogs could be so lucky.  :)

So everyone say yay for Davie!

9 comments:

Two Dogs, One Camera said...

YAY FOR DAVIE!!! So happy he found a home! He will be the center of their world!

Karen said...

Yay for Dave! He certainly sounded like a sweetheart. Hope to hear the odd update:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, I'm right there with you. On Sat our sweet Fluffinator Mandy goes to her new home and I am having the hardest time with it. When I decieded she needed to be more than the 8th dog at my house and that she wasn't fated to be a momma dog in our breeding program. I knew she needed to be someones beloved pet. I also figured I would never find anyone good enough which would be my excuse and then Sharrie came along and said "we want her". Now Sharrie and Jake already have a Solstice dog so how could they not be good enough.

So I'll cry and send her on her way and know that she will have a great life, better than I could give her in the big picture of doggy lives.

Dave will be the same. By loving them we keep our promises to them to do what is best for them even if it isn't with us.

Live Well, Be Well Dave!

Nicki said...

I'm so happy for him. Sometimes though the decisions you make with your heart are the best...Lyric will testify to that and so will I!

Jenny Glen said...

Thank goodness Dave and I know you so that he could get a chance to be the luckiest wash out ever! (well, Gyp might challenge him for that title!) Give him a big hug and a kiss for me and Thank you again for all you've done for him! I still miss him but I'm happy for his sake.

Anonymous said...

I know the home Dave will be going to. He will have a wonderful new home and life filled with opportunity, exercise, wonderful healthy treats and affection.

Anonymous said...

Amanda
Davie has found the best home ever.
Everything always happen for the highest good...even if it is sometime hard to let them go

manymuddypaws said...

I know that Dave is going to do AWESOME in his new home- it is quite possibley the best match ever. I feel good about it and am excited for Dave. He deserves the best and I think that it will be. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Dave and hugs (and a tissue) for you.