Saturday, January 29, 2011

History

Our seminar today was cancelled due to the snow storm we got overnight. The highways were in rough shape so Dr.Devall wasn't able to make it. So I ended up with almost a whole day to do my own thing. I did some training with the dogs, played in the snow, and visited with my parents. While I was over their visiting I took the opportunity to go through some old family photos. It was a hoot, and we all laughed about the funny hair, and clothes. My mother thought that my sister and I should always dress the same when we were young- and of course they had to be these super elaborate (very uncomfortable) dresses. Some of the photos are pretty funny.

I took some photos with my iphone for your viewing pleasure. Sorry for the poor quality but it was this or nothing.

First some family photos with my siblings- Kris is two years older than me, and Sabrina is just about two years younger.


Matching dresses.  I remember being so itchy!!!  Look how cute we are though!


I almost didn't bother taking a pic of this but I had to show the hated dress!!! My sister and I hated these dresses. And my mom made us wear them to the first day of school. Note the matching (but different color) backpacks...

We were seriously cute.

Now here are some token school photos. I didn't think to look on the back for ages or the year so I will have to guess...

maybe grade 3?

grade 6?

and one last one- just because I am especially cute in yet another itchy dress. :) 

It was a fun way to spend a few hours. I am thankful that I no longer can be forced to wear dresses (or eat hamburger helper!)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Those are awesome! My mom did the same thing to me and my sister all the time!! She'd buy 2 dresses/outfits in different colours (and not just when we were little - she still thought it was acceptable when we were in our early teens!!) It drove me crazy!!! I've vowed to never do that to my kids.