Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Out of the dungeon...

For the past four years I've lived in a basement suite. Yeah. Although it is not as bad as it sounds, it definitely has it's drawbacks. The suite itself is huge- lots of floor space, big windows, etc. But it's still a basement. There are 16 stairs. I have a constant stream of new upstairs neighbors. I am supposed to have full, private use of the yard but somehow that doesn't get relayed to the new tenants upstairs. I can never just leave my dogs outside unattended, even for a moment. I worry all the time about my dogs at home alone- are they barking? And then the upstairs people themselves- in the past four years I'd say there have been 7 or 8 tenants. Each of them weirder than the next. The current tenant is actually pretty good. She has a nine year old daughter who is very polite and good with the dogs. Better than the two demon boys that the last tenant had!

In a few weeks I am moving to a full house. All for me and my dogs. I am beyond excited. Seriously, I really, really am looking forward to having my own space and not having to worry about upstairs people. It is a very cute little house. And by little, I do mean little. But it has two bedrooms, and a huge yard. The yard is quite private, and is heavily treed. It will be perfect.

I'm definitely counting down the days!

13 comments:

Jules said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful. We are house hunting at the moment so I can imagine how excited you are to be moving into a house with just you and the dogs.

Crazy Cardiness said...

Big congrats on the new place! That sounds like a wonderful change.

Taryn said...

That sounds great! Having a place all to yourself is always the best when you have pets. Is the yard at the new place fenced?

^..^Corgidogmama said...

So glad for you! You can relax a little, and the dogs will enjoy the yard immensely! Good move for all!

2Elkies said...

Oh that's great Amanda. You must be SO excited. You will love it. I'm so happy for all 5 of you!!

Lois said...

So happy for you and the fur kids ! That is just wonderful !

Holly said...

How exciting! Best wishes on your new home!

Lauren said...

Congrats!! Having a yard makes your life with dogs SO much easier!!

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Yay that is such great news for you and the dogs!!!! I bet you won't know what to do with yourselves at first!!!! Congrats!

XO,
Lola Bugs and The Mama Monster

D.K. Wall said...

Sounds perfect. Can't wait to hear tales (of tails) at the new abode.

Judy said...

Thats great to hear, Amanda! I know you and your doggies will enjoy the freedom of your very own house and yard

Lani said...

Small house = less to clean. Large yard = lots of space for frapping and agility. Sounds perfect!

Good luck with the move!

Nicki said...

Awesome, hope everyone loves the new place!