Friday, July 16, 2010

On the training front...

I've been trying to work the dogs every day in Obedience. It's going well- when I have time to do it!

Pixel continues to be a star. I am planning her debut for the fall Lethbridge show in Novice Obedience. Her fronts are coming along although she tends to be a bit creative. She is the most drooly dog I have ever owned. Seriously- you say cookie and the spit start dripping. We've been working hard on fronts so she totally knows there are cookies coming and yeah, my feet end up covered in spit. It's pretty icky.

Wicca is just fine tuning pivots and the dreaded back up for Rally. And we've been playing around with signals and go outs. If we ever manage to get her CDX she will be ready for Utility.

I have Boone entered in Rally in a few weeks and he hasn't done any obedience in a while- so we've been refreshing his memory about what heeling is. :)

And Vito says that Obedience is for sissies, and he'd much rather roll around on the floor. Thank you very much

2 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Are corgi's usually drooly? How funny! I have a cat that drools giant puddles as soon as you pet him... So bizarre!!! I'd have to say that the drooliest dog I have ever had was my Dogue De Bordeaux... It was seriously the strangest substance ever... Kind of like those sticky hands from the grocery store quarter machines... You could literally peel it off of your jeans!

Anyway, good job Pixel!!!!

XO,
The Mama Monster

Lani said...

Ziggy is a drooler, too. My other 2 aren't, but he sure is. It's lots of fun training the dumbbell hold - everything including my hands is slobbery after just a couple of minutes.