Friday, July 02, 2010

Memories

All of us have something- a smell, sound, or sight that triggers childhood memories. For me, it is Kenny Rogers. Serious.

Are you done laughing?

I was packing a few boxes (more on that later) and had the TV on for background noise. And then I heard this.



and instantly remembered being a kid- in my parents car on my way to my grandparents house. My parents were big kenny rogers fans. Especially around the holidays. Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton were ALWAYS Christmas time favorites.

Anyway, it totally brought back all of those memories. They are just total classics- not something I listen to often, or own any CD's of...but I may just put a few of his songs on my iPod....

Oh, and it made me wonder just how old Kenny Rogers is?! Apparently he just turned 70! Crazy. He still sings the same- and oddly enough looks the same. :)

4 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

SERIOUS, he is SEVENTY!!! Guess if you think about it that has to be about right, I am sure it is right...but gosh I would never have guessed. -Kathy owned by Breeze/Liz/Cricket

Dawn said...

I get that feeling from Neil Diamond. Takes me back.

Judy said...

Kenny Rogers is not only 70 but he has a young wife and twins that are about 4 yr old. Go Kenny!

onecollie said...

and you laughed at my CD collection!...by the way, I own the Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton Christmas CD !!
Kenny has had some surgery done, in particular his eyes :)