Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Table!

okay, so NOT a table picture, or in any way related to training last night....but she's cute...

I took the girls to the arena last night and worked mostly Pixel. I got a lot done with her and am feeling really good about where she is at right now.

Table- worked on driving with her to the table, sending to the table, and running past. The first few times I ran past she used the table as a spring board so I started from scratch and slowly built up my movement. At the end I was able to throw a toy as I ran past and she wouldn't leave. Her down is automatic on the table and even when she was REALLY excited it was still super fast.

Out and Go One- using just tunnels I started adding more distance and less movement from me (i.e gamble). She did really well with this and loves tunnels a lot so this was a perfect set up to work this.

Teeter- I only did a few reps of this as I mostly wanted to do the dogwalk. Her teeter isn't quite as fast as I'd like so we started with some surfing to get the excitement up.

Dogwalk- I wanted to challenge her to find the entry on and maintain speed. She didn't miss it once. I also worked on running past her on her 2on2off and I was very happy with how well she did. She only broke once, although I do need to work on how long she stays in position. She was starting to release herself after a few reps.

Threadles- there was a simple box set up so we worked on threadles and push thru's. She is much better at this than Wicca.... :o)

so yeah- LOTS of stuff packed in to last night. It's very exciting to me that she's so grown up. And she is so incredibly cute!

Wicca came along but only did very little. Mostly we worked on start lines. Everytime she broke she was put away. Which meant that the first few times she was out was quick. :o) After the second time she got it and I had to be extra sneaky to get her to break (saying BOOK, instead of her release word for example...she did break on that by the way) I also did some circle work in the middle of two tunnels and she didn't flick out once! And FINALLY she was able to do some actual equipment and I just did go on's and get out's for a few minutes with the tunnels. No jumping, no weaving, and no contacts for Wicca last night.

Only one more week in the barn and we move outside! It's hard to believe it's the end of March already...

3 comments:

WigglyZack said...

I love this picture. Gorgeous.

D.K. Wall said...

Great picture - cute!

Elf said...

Ditto on the great photo! Love the path wandering away into the distance. How good of you to be working on specific things so thoroughly. I need to do more of that--but then, I *always* need to do more of that. This as always is a good reminder to me.