Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Road Less Traveled 10/52

I took this photo at the trial today...

More on the trial in a seperate post tomorrow...

-------------------------
Not quite the photo I had in mind for this week but the message is pretty symbolic of who Boone is.

He is so different than any other dog I've met or owned. He is quirky, super smart, and very sweet. But he is also timid, easily spooked, and often overwhelmed.

I love him to pieces and am always proud of him when he shows how brave he can be. He has really made me a better dog trainer and has taught me patience and perseverance. At the same time it can be SO frustrating.

We were at an agility trial this weekend, and although he has been super in training the past few weeks he was very "off" this weekend.

He has been, and will continue to be a challenge. More work to be done that's for sure!

3 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Sorry to hear he wasn't at his best this weekend. Good thing he is cute! :)

Jenilee said...

Boone is fabulously sweet...he's like a sesame street puppet with his long legs...I love him too! I didn't know him when you first got him, but from what I've heard he's come a very long way!

Judy said...

Personally I thought Boone did a great job this weekend. There weren't a lot of "perfect" dogs running that I saw. I think my dog was quite quirky.