Saturday, August 08, 2009

Training

This afternoon a few friends and I met at the park and did some obedience. It was fun to get out and train. I don't train Obedience as often as I'd like and today was perfect. We found a great spot at the park, and I think we all enjoyed ourselves.

Wendy came along and took some GREAT photos of the dogs working. I don't have many (if any) pictures of my dogs doing obedience so I was pretty pleased when she sent them to me.






Wicca's open stuff is coming along. I've been playing around with her fronts for a few months and they are getting better. And I did some straight recalls with, and without a drop. Her heeling is as good as always. She's very keen to work.

Pixel did lots and lots of heeling. She is very eager, and is heads up/attentive the whole time. I am slowly adding more and more duration and she is up to about 50 feet (straight) with no rewards. I also worked on left turns, and finishes.

Vito came out to play too and had fun doing some heeling, and some playing. He is so cute and gets really into it. He has always liked heeling, and it has been ages since I did much with him.


We were at the park for about two hours, and the dogs are nice and tired now!

No comments: