Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's like I'm some sort of sucker or something...

FREDDIE HAS BEEN ADOPTED! YAY!!!

A little kitten was dropped off at my work this morning.

I work at a dog daycare.

BUT- the cat rescue place in town has a similar name. People get confused all the time.

Anyway, the people who had the cat said they found him and were desperate to get rid of him because they would get evicted if they took him home again. I explained that the cat rescue in town is very full, and it was not likely they could take him. I gave them some other options, but I had a sinking feeling they would just leave him somewhere.

So I said I'd find him a place to go.

Sucker.

Yeah. But could you say no to this face?



I am not a cat person- but I couldn't imagine the guilt I'd feel if he ended up on the street like so many other cats.

"Freddie" is looking for a home. We guess that he is about 6-8 weeks old. He's a typical looking orange tabby with green eyes. He is very friendly and outgoing. Loves people and purrs like mad if you go anywhere near him. He likes to be held and cuddled- but is also very busy. Freddie is a confident guy who is not shy with other cats, or dogs.





If you know anyone who might be interested please spread the word! (Local homes only please!)

7 comments:

Visichy said...

Hey Amanda. Is he still available? We'd like to come meet him and take him home. We've been thinking about getting another cat and I love orange tabbies.
Thanks,
Vicky
(call me or email me)

Nearly Naked Neckwear said...

Awww! If I didn't already have 3 cats... I love the orange males. ;)

penni said...

Whew! I'm not local 'cause he's so very cute.

Jules said...

He's so cute!!!

Nancy at the Farm said...

We're dogs and even we think he is adorable!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Sophia Marie said...

Oh my gosh! I would love to take him, but my parents hate cats :'(

Sophia Marie said...

My border collie, Izzy, sounds like your dog Vito. Izzy is two-year-old, too! :) Everyone always says border collies have a lot of energy, but Izzy sure doesn't! Teehee...