Thursday, September 04, 2008

Overwhelmed

Yesterday I was completely overwhelmed and had a major meltdown when I got home. I missed Sam so much. It has been harder than I thought it would be. For those who know me, know me- know that I am not really an emotional person- in fact I can count on one hand the people who have seen me cry. But man do I miss that dog. My heart still hurts- it is just that bad. I got his ashes back yesterday, and combined with Wicca's mysterious limp, I was pretty much a mess when I got home from work. I felt much better after my breakdown though- sometimes a girls just gotta cry I think. (in the privacy of her own home of course...)

Wicca's limp is gone today but I think I am still going to pull her from most of the events on the weekend. I don't want to aggravate anything...But I am still going to go- Boone will have fun, and Wicca will be mad as hell if she doesn't get to play but tough luck for her. I will have fun too. I plan to drink with my friend Brenda who is a hoot to begin with but is funnier than you can imagine if she's had a little to drink.
to cheer me up here are two very funny photos from the lethbridge trial this summer...
wicca sliding down the a-frame...guess that's why they made the slats smaller....must hurt to get chest burn...
Where's Wicca???

4 comments:

Sarah said...

what, your not gonna drink with me?? i'm the one bringing the BOOZE!!!!!!!!!! and bringing the booze for Brenda too!!!!!!!

Jules said...

I find meltdowns are needed sometimes. We're thinking of you, Sam, and the rest of your pack.

onecollie said...

Amanda you are so right when you say your heart hurts...when I lost Drake, my heart actually hurt, it was so bad!! I know you know, it gets better with time, but for now just make sure to cry, like Wendy & I!!! It helps to let it out, & we all understand....

Anonymous said...

Meltdowns are better with booze. I deliver!!