Sunday, October 11, 2015

Thankful

It's the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Traditionally a time spent with family, friends, and reflecting on things that you are thankful for. My family has always been very traditional about things like this. And this year is no exception. My sister and I are making dinner, and we will all come together and be merry.

It will be nice to have everyone out, and I can't wait to spend the day with my sisters kids. But it will be hard because I really struggle with the whole pretending things are just fine attitude. My family seems to excel at that. We will not talk about the elephant in the room. My mothers rapidly declining health, and certainly there will be no thoughts about what it will be like next year if she is not here anymore. Because saying stuff like that out loud is just not done. Instead we will be thankful for the time we do have as a family, and for the love that holds us together. Sometimes that's all we have I guess, the moments.

My own little family, who has just grown by one naughty terrier, remains my rock and the glue that holds me together. I am thankful for all of them. And the opportunities I have had, and the doors they have opened. I am very lucky. <3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the new blog look

Dachshund Nola said...

Aww, hugs to you! Love the new blog look. :)

Mick said...

Thank you for the updates on your dogs. I could eat up little Siren-too cute. It'll be interesting to watch her grow. Now, how about an update on you.