Friday, April 26, 2013

The Farm, and other things...

 It's been two weeks since I worked my dogs on sheep. It has been crazy busy, and there just hasn't been time. But that's about to change! Once again I am lucky enough to farm sit while Scott and Jenny are away. Today was the first time out since they left. The plan is to go out twice a week. Some weeks that will be easy, others not so much. But my friend Jen is going to help me out so between the two of us we should be just fine.

The first thing I noticed today is that my dog (Brit) has certainly grown up this winter- we had help (thanks Mack and Scamp!) with our chores today, but I am confident that we could manage just fine with little fuss. Leo is slowly starting to get it. I kept a cool head and didn't get frustrated with him. It was a good session. I think he will be very handy this summer- he has no problems with confidence. lol. I'll slowly start to let him do some of the farm work- once I can trust that he will call off, and stop when I ask...

 I could totally live on a farm by the way.
The solitude, the peace, the sights and smells.
The Sheep.
Totally up my alley.

In other news I am teaching a Beginner Rally Obedience seminar this weekend. I've never taught a Rally seminar before so it should be interesting! I love teaching. Obedience is one of my most favorite things, and Rally is just an extension of that. The group I'm working with is very keen, so it should make for a fun weekend!

yes, that is my bathtub. I'm not sure why either...

And in even more news Wicca is seeing the vet Sunday. She has been a little off for the past few weeks- once yelping when I picked her up to put her in the car, and another time when she was jumping around on the couch. And then just this week she was VERY off one morning- enough that I gave her a half dose of metacam so she wasn't uncomfortable in her crate all day.  :(

I'm very worried about her- but I'm confident Dr.Devall will fix her up this weekend. I owe Jenilee big time! A trip to Marble Slab might be in order next week...


3 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Hope Wicca will be alright. Farm living IS the best. Would love to go back to one.

Laurie in Alberta said...

All paws crossed for Wicca...

Jenilee said...

Ha I skimmed the post and thought the marble slab was for Wicca:). We will definitely have to go sometime soon...but it was my pleasure to take Woo today:)