Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Farm Dogs

 the real farm dogs are Togo (above) and Alaska (upside down). They are guardian dogs, and protect the sheep from predators. Although fierce with coyotes, and dogs they don't know- they are GREAT with people and are very affectionate and friendly. They enjoyed my visit today a lot- even more than normal because I brought them bones...
 the pretend farm dogs are mine. ;)

Leo was a very good boy today- he starts really fast and a little crazy, but settles down after a few minutes. Today we worked on pace and the start of our outruns. Jenny's voice was in my head the whole time- a good attitude to start means the rest will be good too.


Brit was very good- her outruns are looking better and better. I tried to stretch it just a bit too far today though, and she sucked back in. There is much to work on! But I was really happy with her today- she worked hard and tried, which is all I can ask!



One more of the very handsome Leo. To get these photos I had the dogs (one at a time!) hold the sheep to the fence. I shot on a wide angle and blindly- but I got some interesting photos! The light was really nice today for photos- overcast is perfect. 




the real imposters are the shorties, and Boone. lol. They are very bad farm dogs- Vito rolled in something dead and had to be hosed off. Pixel ate enough sheep shit that I'm sure she will be throwing up tonite. And Boone ran around chasing cats and such. Wicca was mad because she was confined to the small yard. But I didn't want her to aggravate that shoulder anymore.

And yes- it is the end of April and we still have snow. It's weird. Even for us. lol. Hopefully Spring is really on the way this time. I'm about done with winter....


4 comments:

Unknown said...

cute farm story! keep the snow!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Great pics! Your pups have more life experiences than the average human I'm thinking!

Jenny Glen said...

Can't be a farm dog unless you roll in something dead. Vito is the only true farm dog!

Nicki said...

Love that last photo!