Thursday, February 09, 2012

Scamp Update


Scamp is pretty awesome. He is happy, playful, curious, and an easy dog to live with. He barely ever barks, is great on a leash, has a fabulous recall and is great with dogs, cats, and people.  He can still be a bit worried about men, or if people approach him too fast- but he recovers fast and is easily bribed with food and a good boy. He is very sweet and affectionate- he loves to cuddle, and thinks he is a lap dog. He is a people dog and likes to please. He has the cutest happy dance when he's excited and will jump up and down with his front feet and wiggle. It is adorable and very charming.

Scamp loves to play- with you or a toy. If you run he will gallop beside you springing in the air. He'll fetch pretty well any toy but has his favorites (he really loves this blue squeaky hedgehog..)


 At the beginning of this journey with him I wasn't sure if he would be suitable for dog sports or not- but I actually think he would do pretty great. He is keen to learn (he's figured it out. lol), and is pretty athletic. He is excited to play and will fetch and tug now even in new places. I think he has quite a large amount of drive hidden in there. The trick will be the right person to take the time to bring out the best in him. It will be a bit of a process though.

As of right now he is more than ready to live as a normal dog- he is used to regular house things, is completely housetrained, crate trained, and is well behaved. I am very particular about where my project foster dogs go. I've put a lot of work into him and he really deserves a great home. So if you're interested send me an email, or if you know someone who might be pass them the link!

he looks very whippet like in this photo. lol. i assure you he is all border collie!

4 comments:

Tucker The Crestie said...

Scamp is a total cutie! I know he's going to make some lucky family very happy!

Kim said...

He looks SOOOOO much like my Holly, only without prick ears. She's supposed to be all border collie too, but spends 75% looking like a huge B/W whippet and the other 25% looking like a fox :) I'd be totally interested, if it wasn't for my old girl...I promised her no more dogs in the house until after she leaves me. I'll just drool from afar and hope he finds a fun, loving home.

Raelyn said...

I did not think he looked like a Whippet in that last picture.... His stance was more Boxer to me!! ;op
Come on, dog people!! Fall in love with Scamp!! You know you want to!! Adopt him into your loving forever home!! ;-D

^..^Corgidogmama said...

He will be a terrific dog for someone thanks to your good training. I agree with Raelyn, he does have a boxer stance somewhat. Such a gem!