Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Playing Hookie...

to attend a parade. :) Thankfully I have a nice boss. This year our dog group was asked to perform in our towns festival (called Whoop Up Days). We are doing two shows a day- Tuesday-Thursday. We also thought it would be a good idea to participate in the parade. Hence taking a Tuesday off work to walk in a parade....

The parade was lots of fun- I took just the girls and they did great. Wicca surprised me and was really, really good with kids, and Pixel soaked up all the attention.



There were only a few of us that could come (because the parade was on a TUESDAY?!) so we invited our friend and her mini horse Charlie. He was a hit, and pulled a little cart the whole way. I think everyone enjoyed the dogs, and of course they had a good time.

Sarah took most of these photos, although a few were from her friend Cathy.

The whole group! Don't the dogs look snazzy in their bandanas?

Wicca's adoring fans...okay, that's my family...but still. :)

Pixel was a little freaked out by Charlie. She was okay with him when he was a little farther away, but he was trying to sniff her...lol

Wicca resting in the wagon while we waited, and waited, and waited at the set up point before the parade. We were there for a few hours....

and my favorite photo of the day..
Ronald McDonald was quite happy to visit the corgis and kept calling them the Queen's dogs. He even imitated her voice and the wave. I was laughing too much to correct him...

The demo's after were fun, and went off pretty well. I was SUPER tired when I got home last night at 8:30 after having been gone all day. Two more days of demo's, and then our local trial is this weekend....not sure what we were thinking!

3 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

That is too funny about Ronald!

Sarah said...

Ronald was a hoot, even though i know he wanted to eat Jane.

It was a fun morning, I wish we could be in a Parade every week :)

Elf said...

I'm sure the queen would have Cardigans if she only knew how cute and gorgeous yours were!