Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Before....

I spent most of the day Sunday cleaning the new place, and all day Monday painting. Thanks so much to my friends who were able to come and help- it made it much easier to share all the work!

The house is very cute, but the color choices were really, really bad. Like worse than anything i've ever seen. When I first went to look at the house it was difficult to look past the paint color but I did and am very glad for that!

The whole house was blue- different shades of course.

The kitchen and porch were aqua teal color,


the living room was white with a weird purple/navy wall and trim,



the front bedroom was white (Stained yellow) with bright blue trim,

and the back bedroom was baby blue...


the worst was the bathroom. Three walls were bright blue. Like so bright you couldn't look directly at it....


But after a full day of painting it really looks amazing- there is still another few hours of painting to do but the most of the work is done. Once it is all done I'll take some photos to post. You won't believe the difference!

Oh, and I had to take a picture of two of my favorite things...

My own thermostat (I've not had control of my own heat for the past four and a 1/2 years)


and the yard. It is huge, and will be very beautiful when I am done with it. I'm ordering gravel for the dog run on Tuesday. The dog run will go on the left in the photo- where all the dirt is right now. It will be really nice to be able to just let them out and not worry. And still have a nice grassed yard to train in.


Stay tuned for more photos over the next few days!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

can;t wait to see it ... LOL looks like you have another apple tree!!!!

Jules said...

That is a lot of blue! I can't wait for the after pictures.

penni said...

How exciting! Best of everything to you in your new digs.

debzdogz said...

Happy House Warming & Good Luck in your new home! It looks so cute!

Nicki said...

Pretty wild paint job! Our first house was mostly pink. And dirty pink at that because they smoked We painted-a lot! Good luck and have fun!

Blazingstar said...

Wow, this looks fabulous Amanda - what a perfect place for you! I bet it looks much nicer now that the "blues" have gone!