Thursday, May 06, 2010

Obedience

Next weekend I have the girls entered in Obedience and Rally.

Wicca is going to compete in Open Obedience, and Excellent Rally.

She really loves obedience and is a happy, confident worker. Last night I did a bit of training with her and she did really well. We did lots of heeling as after the funmatch last weekend I needed to get the forging under control. :) Her fetching, drop on recall, and broad jump are all perfect. She is getting more confident with her long stays out of sight, and because of that I am getting more confident with them too.

I've gone through and read all the Excellent signs and we can do them all. Her back up beside me isn't pretty, but she gets it done.

Pixel is going into the Rally ring for the first time. It's going to be so cute. Her heeling is really great, and at the suggestion of a friend I've changed my hand position and now it's even better. No more wide turns and sits. We practiced finishes, and stands last night- both of which have improved a lot in the past few weeks.

I'm really looking forward to the show- it should be fun!

There are no Cardigans entered in Conformation, but I think there will a few in Rally.

4 comments:

penni said...

Someday I would love to see little Pixel strut her stuff -- she is so stinkin' cute! Good luck.

Taryn said...

Sounds fun! Good Luck!

Natasha said...

Ooh, Pixel's first rally trial! Good luck with both of them!

Papillon Penny said...

Where's the show?