Monday, May 24, 2010

Agility in the Rain....

It rained- alot. And was almost unbearably cold. But we survived and mostly it was a great weekend. I love outdoor trials- even in the rain. And it was great to hang out with dog people all weekend.

My dogs did really great- even in the rain and I am very proud of all of them.

I was very sad to not run Boone- and so was he I think! I am betting his first trial back he will be more than just a little excited! He got to come and watched and visited but it's not the same as getting to play. Poor Guy. He is starting back this week in classes so that should make him happy!

Vito had a lot of fun, and I think was pretty happy to be out. He was a little weirded out by the people on the side lines- but managed to stay pretty focused on me. I am pretty proud of him. He doesn't get much training and certainly hasn't sequenced that many obstacles before. He came very close to getting two Q's on the weekend- in standard and in jumpers. He ducked under the tire in both runs, but otherwise was great. He ran in three events total.


Pixel did so well. She was her normal spunky self and didn't even care about the rain! She did exactly what I asked her and it was quite refreshing to have a dog that responds so quickly. She did have a few moments of young dog stuff- she nearly left the ring to go visit, but came back (and wrapped around the ring barrier in the mean time), and it is very obvious I have more work to do on her contacts. Her speed is improving each time, and I think she will get faster with more experience and confidence. Handling wise I am very happy with her- both rear crosses, and front crosses were no problem for her. She qualified in all four events she was entered in- she now moves to Advanced jumpers! (on a side note I should mention this took Wicca a few years....) I am very excited to continue training and running her. It is just so neat to see it all come together. She is seriously the cutest thing ever and I just adore her.



Wicca was great. Truly. The videos may not show it but this was our best weekend at a trial in a long time. She actually listened. Sure, we knocked a few bars, and had some miscommunication, I was late, she was early...lol But she listened and tried hard. I can't ask for much more than that. I tried to stay calm, and run like I meant it all at once. It is hard to find that balance sometimes. She had a few weave pole wipe outs- she got stuck twice on the steeplechase poles. Her contacts were not bad- although she early released on a dogwalk. The gamble was great- all that hard work on directionals has really started to pay off. So overall I am pretty happy. She earned two Q's- a Steeplechase, and another Gamble.

I am having trouble with the music- I chose the Queen song- Another one bites the dust- but youtube said no way. I chose a replacement song but not sure when or if ever it will work.

All in all a pretty wonderful weekend. I am feeling more in the groove so to speak. It's a good feeling.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'll never get over how stinking FAST Wicca is!

A few weeks ago my boyfriend asked me if Cardis were fast because they looked so heavy boned. Guess who I showed him video of? lol!

Looks like everybody had a blast out there! I'm jealous!

-Lauren

Sarah said...

Pixel looks equally cute on video :)

good job running all of them this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

When I need a smile I come here and watch your great videos.
Congratulations on a good weekend.