Thursday, May 13, 2010

Brave


Brave, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

I took Boone to the outside training field last night for the first time this year. And he was great! He was very excited to get there, and was happy to do some tricks and follow me around. He was a little nervous at some of the louder traffic but he didn't run away once.

Sarah helped me and we did some recalls, and she ran around with him a bit. He was more than happy to work for his supper out there. Although it doesn't sound that exciting it is a pretty big step for him.

Every summer we train out there, and every summer he starts with lots of meltdowns, and gradually builds up tolerance. By the end of the summer he is pretty good.

I don't think he will ever be oblivious to the traffic and train noises- but after last night I am optimistic that we will have a lot of success training this summer.

I am always careful not to put neurosis on my dog, and try to be optimistic about how he is going to do in situations like this. I figured he would be okay (it was SUPPER! afterall) but he was even able to do a little work- and he didn't drag me back to the car after. That is great progress.

Progress in the form of Bravery is a great thing!

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

Awesome!

I was remembering how much the traffic out there used to bug Neena...it made me so happy on Tuesday to see how far she's come! Sometimes I think that's my favorite part about agility...remembering where they/we started...and seeing how far we've come!

Dawn said...

You will do great. Have fun.