Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's about time...

to set some goals for the year...I have be procrastinating. Are you surprised?

I have thought long and hard about what I want to do this year and really want to make time for obedience. This past year I didn't make any effort at all to get in the obedience ring. This year I really want to. Obedience was my first dog sport. I really do love to train it. Agility is just so much more time consuming...


Anyway, on to the individual goals for me and the dogs...

Amanda

  • Succesfully handle a threadle on a course. Sounds easy...it's not.
  • Be a better trainer- consistency in the little things....
  • Be more open minded. My way is not always the only way. Really.
  • Be nice. I am a bit bossy. Apparently I scare people. Really.

Wicca

  • Succesfully complete a threadle on a course. Sounds easy....it's not.
  • Earn her MAD, and hopefully an AtCh
  • Get out of Advanced Jumpers..
  • Get into the Open ring
  • Get her Rally Novice title at least
  • Play scenthurdle again
  • Oh- and place in the top five at Nationals...

Boone

  • Apply for his stupid PEN # already... (vet apt on Thursday...the first step will be done)
  • Get his Rally Novice title
  • Train his contacts better :o)
  • Build focus, and duration for agility.
  • Train for a CD
  • More Herding!
Vito
  • Play in APDT Rally- maybe a novice title
  • Train Weave Poles
  • Focus more in improving his social skills
  • More Herding!

Pixel

  • Build a solid foundation for agility and obedience- lots of things fall in to this category- It could really be a blog post all on it's own- jumping foundation, contacts, speed, handling. All can be taught on the flat with little or no equipment
  • Tracking- she has a great nose, and I'd love to try it.
  • Obedience- I'd like to get her CD before she is two.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Those sound good. I need to come up with some goals for the year too. Diana

Jules said...

Very nice! I found it much less overwhelming once I wrote them down. But I think my head starts spinning sometimes! I can't wait to watch Pixel grow up!

Loretta Mueller said...

Great idea making a list! I need to do that--puts everything in order so you can focus on what needs to get done!

By The way...I LOVE PIXEL---she is THE cutest dog ever!