Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Training

Wicca had a good night last night- we worked on start lines, weave entries, distance, and handling.

We started with a simple set up from this issue of Dogsport- it was a great exercise that you could do lots of handling stuff on. I worked on front crosses- and improving my bad timing. :o) Wicca was good- only two knocked bars- my fault. Not hers. She was very excited to be out and playing so it was a good opportunity to work her start lines as well. I was pretty happy with her. No slouching, and no creeping. Yay for Wiccie!

Then we worked on a little bit of a gamble with the teeter and a jump discrimination from a distance. She rocked the exercise so we ended up working more on a tight turn off a jump rather than doing the same thing over again. We still struggle with getting a nice, tight turn and keeping the bar up. But we were mostly succesful. :o)

The last exercise was one I wanted to spend the most time on. Unfortunately I only got to run it three times. Which sucked. But oh well. It was jump weave, jump weave, with a curved tunnel and then the dogwalk parallel to the jump weave thingy. The first time I ran it I wanted her to get the entry with me racing and ahead of her. She did great. The second time I ran it I was on the other side of the dogwalk. No problem says wicca. The third time I ran it we started with the dogwalk, and turned towards the weaves- no tunnel. she did it! She was wide, but she didn't suck to the tunnel which made me really happy. we then wrapped the jump (and knocked the bar) and went back to the weaves, tunnel and dogwalk.

Her contacts were great all night. I have been making a point of trying to change the head up crane look :o) and have been rewarding head down and throwing a random target down once in a while. It seems to be helping as I noticed her head and neck were straight last night and not up. Not down how I'd like but definite improvement!

No comments: