Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Emotional

Emotional is not a word that i would use to describe myself. Except for today. My whole day has been a day of ups and downs...

Today I ruined someone's christmas, and made some one elses amazing. A rescue dog was scheduled to head off to his new home today. The foster home asks me an hour before he is supposed to be picked up if they can keep him. Oy. Long story short the foster home is now no longer a foster home and are the proud new owners of a goofy yellow lab, and the potential would have been adopters are heartbroken. I am sure they will get over it as they never even actually met the dog, but I can't imagine how she must feel. I hate making people upset. I feel awful.

And then I got home (well, Wendy's house) and found that one of my favorite bloggers have found their lost Cardigan!!! Woohoo! I even cried just a little. I have felt just awful for them through the whole ordeal, and am very thankful that their little dog Clue made it home.

And then it's Christmas. This is the first year without my Grandma. I am pretty upset about it. I miss her a lot. My Grandpa is struggling even though he isn't telling anyone. Everyone is putting on a happy face, but I can tell that my mom is near a break down. Tonite I am sure we will all have a good cry for her, and then hopefully all the good things will overshadow the emptiness. She was an amazing person- full of life, and piss and vinegar. We always joked that she was too bossy to die. I take after my Gram in many ways....

And to add to all of that I still miss my Sam. A lot. It has been a few months now but i still think of him everyday. I am thankful for having a chance to own and love such a wonderful dog, but man do I miss him still.

But I am okay, and will be even better after a nap. :o)

Except that I have seven dogs playing at my feet so it is unlikely that I will get that nap. But a girl can hope...

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Merry Christmas Amanda. You are wonderful and the dogs you save are lucky to have you.

onecollie said...

this is a very hard time for you isn't it....loosing a grandmother & favourite dog....
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas in spite of it being a hard one to get through.
It's supposed to warm up so we'll have to get together with all the pooches!!
PS. happy to hear about the lab & that they have decided to keep him....I'm sure his brother is happy too!!

Jules said...

Hugs. It is an interesting time of year, for sure.