Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birth day!

My sister had her baby this morning! At 1:00am almost exactly little Nolan Allan James Hughes was born. This is my sisters first (and maybe only!) baby. I jokingly had told her she had to have the baby between 3-6 that afternoon as that was really the only time I had available. Instead she waited till the wee hours of the morning...

She had to be induced- and went to the hospital yesterday morning around 7:30. She finally had the baby this morning. I am no expert in the baby department but man, who knew it hurt so much! My sister is kind of a wuss, but we could hear her in the waiting room. Even after an epidural....


It was a long night. I at least went home from 8:30-10:30 and
got some sleep before being called back for the big event....
Did you know that Hospitals are boring.
The lights are bright. And I really, really, missed my sleep.

All for one little peek at the little baby, a gentle hug for my sister,
and to keep my dad company in the waiting room. He paced, and paced, and paced some more. It was maddening and at one point I told him to either sit down and read the twenty year old "Womans Day" magazine, or take a walk. :o)
He took a walk.....hearing my sister scream like she was almost did him in, but he survived and was all teary eyed when we were finally allowed back in to see her.
I wasn't able to take any photos of the baby. He was lacking oxygen and had to be taken to the ICU for a bit. I will have pictures to post later today! But he is cute- he has hair, and looked really good for a new born!!! (in my opinion anyway)
oh- and for some doggie content Hurley had a sleepover at my house...It was very weird to have a big dog in the house. Makes my dogs look like midgets....

8 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations on being a Aunt!! Your sister is not a wuss - I screamed too and had an epidural. Its not something I ever want to relive. I would have only had one kid if the second one wasnt an accident. Thank god I had a c-section with her. HA!!! Diana

Paws on the Run said...

Congrats Sabrina and Preston!!!! I can't wait to meet him.

Papillon Penny said...

Congrats on being an Auntie!
My daughter is due to have her first baby soon (hope it's not Xmas day!) and she's having a boy too (hope it's a boy - I already have a granddaughter!)

Tempest said...

Congratulations Auntie! Deanna (fostering Duke)

Tempest said...

Congratulations Auntie! Deanna, fostering Duke

Deirdre said...

WHuuhoo! Congrats on being an Auntie. how very exciting and I hope baby and mom are doing well. Can't wait to see the photos.

onecollie said...

Hurray!!!! Congratulations Auntie!!!

Anonymous said...

Well child birth doesn't feel all that good but it sounds like she had a tough go of it. I think I screamed too but no epidural for me thanks.

Glad he is here and safe. Best wishes to everyone :)