Saturday, March 01, 2008

Courage

Okay so today I was officially amazed. Boone went herding. And did AWESOME! He was totally into it and had a blast. To be honest I didn't expect that he would really be into it. I hoped he wouldn't be afraid of the sheep. He went into the pen excited, tail up and actually had a great time! He went up to them right away and as soon as he moved away figured out that he was the boss. It was pretty neat to see. Right off the bat he was out and moving around the sheep- which Wicca has been really reluctant to do. He gripped a bit and did lots of chasing rather than herding, but with softer dogs it is important to let them have a "little bit of bad" as Scott likes to say. *You should all know that it took me a good part of two hours to get this video uploaded, edited and posted!*



Vito got to play and he was even better than last time- he was down to business right away and he was much more responsive this time too. I have been working on his lie downs and he is getting a little more reliable. I didn't get any video of him, but I think Sarah or Jenny got a few pictures.

Wicca was good- she is still tired from her big day yesterday but was better about taking direction this time because of it. We are teaching Comeby and Away- she used to know this very well but we haven't used it in more than a year so she is a little rusty. Despite that she did well. She is still reluctant to move all the way around them but is getting better each time. Next time I am going to try going with her last- so she has some excitement built up from waiting her turn.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great job Boone! It looked like he was having a blast getting those sheep! Good job with the video too Amanda -I loved the music.

Diana said...

Great video! Diana