Thursday, March 13, 2008

Snooker


This weekend will be my first attempt at Snooker at a trial in about 6 months or so. I am looking forward to it. I think we can do it. I told Wicca that she better damn well listen to me if she ever wants an AtchC party. =)


Seriously though we have been trialing for 2.5 years- I don't want to even count how many trials that is. And we have played (or atttempted) Snooker at most of those trials. We have never once gotten a Q. Why you ask? How hard could it be....right? Afterall we are talking about Starters....


Well, let me tell you all the ways Wicca has blown snooker.....(this list could go on and on...)


knock the first bar, plow onto the dogwalk- TWEET


take the first bar, take the correct obstacle, go back and take that obstacle again (for good measure) - TWEET


take the first bar, the wrong obstacle, take the second bar, which also happens to be the first bar. TWEET


knock the first bar, take the tunnel- TWEET.....oh, did I already do this one, well, she's done it to me countless times...


take the first bar, take the correct obstacle, take the 2nd bar, take the 2nd obstacle (not the planned one mind you...but still doable) take the third bar- oh my god, we can do this....take the third obstacle....start closing sequence knock the damn bar in the #3 sequence....Uh Huh...yup...I was thrilled....


And yes...sometimes those bars are my fault....and sometimes well, Wicca is a *itch who likes to do things her way and when she thinks she's right well, its pretty much over. =)


But this weekend will be different...We have been practicing running THROUGH equipment, I have practiced wrapping jumps and keeping the bars up, and I have practiced running it in my head clean.....All of those things should help....


Keep your fingers crossed for me...


2 comments:

Diana said...

It was hard not to laugh while reading your post. I feel for you and good luck. Diana

Sarah said...

All 12 paws and my fingers and toes are crossed.

This description made me laugh, you know your dog so well haha, i love the TWEETs at the end of each, very funny, you'd think you were running a flat-coat or something!!!!!!!

nevermind an ATCHC party, we'll have a SNOOKER party!