Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Follow your heart.

"Follow your heart and make it your decision" 
Author Unknown


My grandpa is not doing well. He has slid down hill really fast, and it is unlikely that he will bounce back. He knows he is dying. I don't know how one knows that- but I believe my Grandpa. And he told me in no uncertain terms to come soon. 

We had planned tentatively for the end of the month. But it looks like we will be doing some winter driving sooner rather than later. It is so hard to decide when. I would hate to be too late. But the timing isn't great at this exact moment for a lot of reasons. 

But it looks like we are going to be leaving Tuesday. Unless he gets worse overnight, in which case we will be leaving Saturday. I need just a few days to get some things in order. And figure out a plan. 

My heart tells me sooner is better. Hopefully Tuesday is soon enough. 


3 comments:

Constance said...

I'm so sorry Amanda. It is hard for the people left behind when those we love leave us.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

It's harder when they are some distance away. You're right, they do know...so follow your gut on this one and get there for your peace of mind and heart. Safe travels in this hard journey.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear this. I agree follow his wishes and your gut.

Drive safe.