Thursday, February 07, 2013

Dizzy

Wendy, from Crazy and Little, started a "Sisterhood of the Traveling Lensbaby" blog. She has 10 or so people lined up waiting for the lens- it will get sent around, and each person will post on the blog she has set up for it. (Note: She is still open to a few more, so if you have a Canon SLR email me and I'll hook you up!)

 I agreed to play because I thought it would be fun, and easy. Well I suppose it's fun, but it's certainly not easy.

According to wikipedia a Lensbaby is " a line of camera lenses for SLR cameras that combine a simple lens with a bellows or ball and socket mechanism for use in special-effect photography. A lensbaby can give effects normally associated with view cameras. The lenses are popular with photographers for the creative possibilities of the selective focus and bokeh effects"

The link to the Lensbaby website can be found here

In effect it is a weird little lens that you manually focus (or attempt to) buy squishing it together. No joke. It's cool, but a challenge to get used to!

I took it out today and practiced on Brit. She proved to be a cooperative model, and was very patient with me. lol. I'm not quite sure what it is supposed to look like, so I picked out a few that have even a little bit of focus. I took about 20 photos...

I am going to try on an inanimate object, it might be a bit easier... lol





2 comments:

Diana said...

Cool!!

Taryn said...

I went to the gallery on the Lensbaby site. Dizzy is right! Definitely cool, but some of the images mess with your senses ;-)