Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wicked Woo

 This dog is my heart.

I love her even though last night while I was out cleaning off the agility field she was opening the fridge and helping herself to whatever she wanted....

Wicca is normally crated but last week she busted a toe nail right off- it bled and was messy, and since then she has been in a cone when she is not supervised. Otherwise she licks at her foot. Anyway- it seemed sad to crate a dog with a cone on...so I have been leaving her loose. I guess even though she is 8 years old, and gimpy she can't be trusted. I mean, what kind of a dog opens the fridge....

 Really. She ate a whole bunch of stuff- a nearly new block of cheese, a half a can of pumpkin, cat food, hard boiled eggs, sandwich meat....yeah. Not surprisingly she has a little bit of an upset tummy today. I don't feel bad for her though...

4 comments:

K-Koira said...

At least the half-can of pumpkin should help her not be TOO digestively upset.

I keep thinking I should teach Pallo how to get a soda for me from the fridge. Then I realize I would be teaching my dog how to open the fridge and decide to pass on that trick...

Mary Lou said...

Okay. First, pumpkin is a natural laxative for dogs. I give some to my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE Beagle/German Shepherd cross, Rose, every night!! So keep an eye on Wicca's bowel movements!! ;-}
Second, I understand completely. My German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix, Shadow, raided our kitchen garbage the Sunday before she was put down!! Yep. Two days prior to it, and we had minimal idea that Shadow would die so soon.... Not bad for a gimpy old girl, huh? ;op
And third.... I hope Wicca's busted nail heals up!! ;)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I give canned pumpkin to our corgi kids too...you were lucky she didn't upchuck, spew and poop!
What a tricky girl!

Jenny Glen said...

Laddie who is equally badly behaved roots her on!