Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bronze!

Wicca had another fantastic weekend. It feels like we are finally getting it- of course we still have our bobbles and "almosts" but we are still working together for the most part. I am so proud of her. This weekend she earned 4 more Q's, two of which are ones we needed for our BRONZE!!!! I was hopeful for one standard Q this weekend, but was floored when we earned both of them.  She also earned two more steeplechase Q's. Steeplechase is definitely her game. We also had some really nice runs that we didn't Q in, but were still awesome. In particular the challenge, and the jumpers. I don't enter her in challenge very often. I am not ashamed to admit that the courses often make my brain hurt. lol. It generally ends in some sort of explosion where Wicca takes 20 tunnels, and I am standing in the middle screaming. lol. But this weekend was different- we actually made it through with only one off course, and a missed weave entry. I was stoked. And the jumpers- a refusal and bar, but felt smooth and calm. I will have the rest of the video in a few days, but here is the first standard.





And little Pixel came home with only two Q's, a snooker and a jumpers. And what do those two classes have in common? No dogwalk. lol. I have really screwed my dog up, which is a whole post of it's own. In any case she did have some good moments, her weaves are getting faster, and her obstacle commitment is great. I am happy with the two Q's she got- the Snooker earned her Masters Snooker Dog title! She only needs gambles now for her ATCHC. Pretty hard to believe.

As promised the weather was smokin' hot. Thankfully there was wind today- but it was still uncomfortably hot. Wicca deals with the heat pretty well. She likes the hose and runs just as hard in the heat as she does any other time. Pixel not so much. The princess doesn't like the heat and would prefer air conditioning. ;)

The people were great, our go dog go group came home with lots of Q's and some great runs. The host club did a great job, and although it went a bit late on Saturday the trial is very well run. I am sad that the outdoor agility season is over- I love training and trialing outside. When I got home today my yard is completely covered in leaves- I am going to have to find my rake, and before long the snow shovel.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Congrats on the Bronze!

And I hear you on the dogwalk thing! Jimmy started out with a nice running dogwalk and for the longest while it worked well for us. But them he started getting called on it, and in class we could see where he was just striding right over the contact zone. So now I am back to a 2o/2o and Jimmy wonders what the heck I am doing. I don't have my own dogwalk so getting in enough practice is very tough!

Lani said...

That was a lovely run! Congrats on the new title!!

onecollie said...

Hurray for Bronze:) Wicca's on a roll !