Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Run- Progress Report


I've had two sessions with Wicca and her new running A-Frame.

Last night I did five reps of her about a foot or so from the end of the a-frame. "Okay, Run" are the words I am saying right now. Without the Okay there is no way she is leaving the A-frame. She is convinced it is a trick and can't possibly leave her position....

I need to work more on the hoop away from the frame so she understands better what I want. I want her to think "see hoop run." Right now she is thinking. "This is a trick. I know it. But if she says okay, I guess I can go. "

I also need to work on my timing of the click, oh, and the throwing of the toy. Apparently I can't throw it closer than 20 feet.

Wicca and I don't do change very well.....but we are slogging through and I think once we get it down and I can get the words spat out in a reasonable tone, and time we'll be all good. In the mean time we are fairly entertaining.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

entertaining yes :)

don't you love that I'm there looking over you shoulder :)

WIcca is at the same step I got too with Gyp "This must be a trick", which tell us it needs to be broken down - which you are doing!

That is a well trained dog you got there! hehe

manymuddypaws said...

don't let me forget to bring the stupid hoop home tonite!

and yes, i do love that you look over my shoulders...someone has to be there to tell me that i screwed up....