Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Carter

i got to spend some time with probably one of the cutest puppies ever. serious.


i LOVE scruffy dogs.


Carter is a Picardy Shepherd or Berger Picard. He is 12 weeks old and was recently imported to Canada from France. He is a beautiful little puppy- and has the most amazing expression.




The Picardy Shepherd is a French Herding dog. They grow to be about 25 inches tall, and a long and lean. They have almost a terrier type coat that doesn't shed much, but will need grooming. The breed is not reccomended for first time owners- typical of herding breeds they need a job, and can be head strong. Carter is no exception and had a little tantrum that lasted almost 5 minutes... :o)


He has lots of growing up to do, and it will be so neat to be able to see him grow and develop. I've jokingly told his owner that I am now his stalker. I LOVE this puppy....

4 comments:

Jules said...

Oh my....major cuteness.

Chris and Ricky said...

He is adorable!! I have never heard of his breed - sounds like a very cool dog!

Gay Harley said...

You need one!

Jenny Glen said...

I knew one when I lived in California that had been imported. She was one high powered bitch. My dad saw one at Superdogs this year and fell in love. They are so athletic. I hope you keep us posted on Carter's growth!