Sunday, September 13, 2009

Exciting Weekend!

The dogs and I had an amazing weekend. There is lots of exciting news to share....

Wicca got her MAD (masters agility dog) title!
I cannot even begin to express how exciting this is for me. I have NEVER had a dog with a MAD, nor did I ever think that Wicca and I would get there. I mean, she is an amazingly fast dog- but we crash and burn often enough to make things like a MAD, or an ATCH one of those dreams that seem so far away.

The course we got it on was not an easy one either and I had to work super hard. She ran it in 42 seconds, and we smoked it. We've needed this one standard Q for a long while, and I was thrilled that she got it at this trial. We got a nice fancy ribbon, and it was great that all my friends were there to tell Wicca how wonderful she is. :o)


Boone has exciting news of his own- he earned not one, but two titles this weekend! He qualified in 6 out of 8 runs. Pretty amazing to think that two years ago he was a nervous mess. He earned his ADC (Agility Dog of Canada) and his Starters Games title with a Snooker Q. Boone was excited and focused the whole weekend, and ran like he never has at a trial before. He was confident and his tail was going the whole time. He was always SO excited when it was his turn- It was an amazing feeling to run him.


Vito also wanted to let everyone know that he ran TWO courses and did a pretty great job. He had a great gamble opening with lots of points, and missed the gamble only because I forgot that he needs more oomph to send to a tunnel. His jumpers round was very cute- he was running pretty fast, and only got distracted when he sniffed out his favorite person (Wendy) and then had to go visit the timers...yes, my scared little dog went to visit!

oh, and Pixel says that she was still the cutest dog there, even though there was a pretty cute baby pembroke pup....

I am so proud of my dogs. There were some not so easy courses, and they all did very well

Here's the breakdown (more for me, than for you...)


Wicca
Gamble- 48 points- she got STUCK in the weave poles in the gamble and even yelped. I pulled her off course to make sure she was okay. Just about gave me a heart attack!
Std. 1- 42.09 (69.00 sct) amazing. Q!- earned her MAD
Std. 2- E- 15 faults...three bars I believe
Snooker 1- I can't remember this...but we got whistled off pretty quick
Snooker 2- 45 points. she knocked the second red so I had to think on my feet. She rocked it though, and I was super proud of that run. Q!
Steeplechase- it was loopy, but so doable. it was pretty disasterous...all my fault of course.
JUMPERS- we did totally awesome. no bars, perfect. and then I forgot where number 11 was..so we had an off course, but we recovered and ran the rest clean.


Boone
Adv. Gamble- 90 POINTS!!!! Q! woohoo!
St. Standard- 50.41- great run- he was so excited and DOVE into the weave poles. ADC!
Adv. Standard- can't remember what happened. he had weave issues...
Adv. Standard 52.41 Q! I was so proud of this run. I thought he had gotten a refusal on the table, but I guess his little table detour was far enough away!
Steeplechase- did pretty good- but had weave pole issues- he is jumping the base at 6 poles...
St. Snooker- 50 points! Q! his last starters game- earning him his Starters Game Dog Title
Adv. Snooker- 38 points- Q! by one point!! we finished all the way to seven. It was a good plan!
Adv. Jumpers- last run of the weekend and he did great- he was a little pokey, but ran clean and had fun. Q!

13 comments:

Visichy said...

Congratulations on a great weekend! How did Wicca get stuck? I'm glad she bounced back and did you proud :)

Elf said...

crud--typed a whole comment and then it vanished?! Trying again:

Congratulations on everything! My first MAD is still fresh and sharp in my mind, and that was over a decade ago. I floated for days--so are you feet a foot above the ground? And you topped it off with an ADC the same weekend. Good job, you've earned it all. I see a lot more successes in your future.

Jules said...

Congratulations to you, Wicca, and Boone. That is fabulous!!

Holly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Diana said...

A big congrats to you and your dogs!! Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow! What a weekend! Congratulations!

Dawn said...

WooHoo that is a great weekend. Let those really great feeling just sink in, so that memory never gets lost.

Muttsandaklutz said...

WOW! Fabulous weekend all around! How amazing to see the results of all your hard work and patience.

Bobbi said...

Congrats thats awesome!

onecollie said...

awwwww so exciting!! Look at Boonie & Vito go.....Wicca looks awesome!! So very very happy for you all of you!
Guess you can't trial Vito when Wendy is the photographer huh!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Not only do you have amazing pics..but amazing dogs, all of them! You, are a fantastic trainer. Your love and spirit filters down through your pups, making them perform out of love for you. What a great team! Congrats!!

TAG ALONG said...

Great Job this weekend

Marcy said...

YEAH on the great week-end!!
Congrats on the MAD.