Saturday, July 26, 2008

The real deal

If you ever want to see some amazing dogs- check out a border collie herding trial. Wow. I stopped by Alta-Pete today to watch and it was pretty amazing. The control, instinct and will is pretty wild. The training that goes into these dogs is pretty intense but a lot of it is instinct- 
One of those goosebump kind of moments. 

I am going out tomorrow to help out in the sheep pen. Not sure what that will entail exactly but sheep stink, and are stupid, and are big...it will be funny to see Sarah pushed around by them though!  At least I'm bigger than they are....   :o)

We have a lesson scheduled for next weekend. Not sure if I will let Wicca play...it would be my luck that she break a leg the day before we leave for Nationals....

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sheep wrangling ?!? That sounds ... ummm...
interesting. Funny, I grew up on a farm but I don't think I would make a good farmer.

The herding trial sounds very cool.