Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Time!

We have the second of the series of Kim Collins Outreach this weekend- and with only three weeks in between seminars we had LOTS of homework. One of the things we had to do was time our contacts and weave poles- somthing I had been curious about at one time or another but never really done. So last night- stop watch in hand we timed the a-frame, dogwalk, teeter, and weaves.

Wicca's contacts are very solid and I am very proud of that fact. Her weaves can be great, or they can be crappy- she has been very good lately with her entrances but gets "stuck" around two or three poles because she is going to fast. It was interesting to see the difference in time when I was close/behind/ahead or what piece of equipment we were coming out of or going to after.

Dogwalk
3.34 - over jump, run with
2.88 - out of tunnel, run with
3.40 - send ahead on flat
4.56 - send ahead out of tunnel- crept last 6" checking back then put foot down
4.20 - over jump- slowed/checked in

Teeter
2.03 - run with
2.40 - small hesitation with me behind
1.78 - ahead of her
1.69 - ahead of her

A-Frame
2.00 - out of tunnel, run with
2.31 - off jump
2.19 - out of tunnel parallel with
2.47 - lateral (15ft) with
2.84 - send ahead from jump

Weaves (12)
3.79 - "stuck" 3 times in poles,
3.25 - running with
3.50 - 90degrees into poles over jump
3.03- behind

So now I have to do the rest of my homework- get my notes all cleaned up and in order. Sarah was appalled at how disorganised my notes were so I can imagine how much Kim will like them.
I also am working on teachin Vito how to back up. It isn't going well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

haha, your notes weren't messy, just a little disorganized, yes i would be afraid, very afraid!!

i left my notes in the car, so i haven't even looked at what times were!!!!