Monday, July 16, 2007

Sunburned

So I am back from the CKC agility trials held at Indus
this weekend. First things first- it was hot...really,
really hot. I of course neglected to put sunscreen on
and am now burnt to a crisp. My shoulders are hot
enough that you could fry an egg or two on
them....Geesh. What was I thinking!

Wicca was great, actually she was better than great.
She was awesome. We had only one off course the whole
weekend, had fabulous weavepoles, I layered every
chance I got and she had pretty good contacts. We did
however manage to knock a bar EVERY run except one.
*Sigh*
Damn those bars, really. It makes me really
frustrated. Wicca is such a good dog but she has to
learn to pick up her feet- it is getting rather
ridiculous- and expensive. She would have Qualified
EVERY run except she knocked a bar or two. Never more
than two. Three times it was the last bar- and we have
been working hard on that but I will have to work even
harder to fix it.

We did manage to have one qualifying run- the last run
of the weekend- JWW. It was probably the WORST run of
the weekend but she didn't knock any bars. It was
choppy and we almost lost it when she didn't commit to
a jump, I had to take her back and resend
her....everyone was cheering for us which felt good,
but I am pretty frustrated with the one bar thing.

Oh, and another thing that popped up- going down on
the start line....she was pretty bad about it actually
and I had to reset her a few times. She didn't break
once though and got all of her contact except one (and
by got I mean stuck it until I released. Wicca hasn't
actually missed a contact since....never...)

So my new training plan for her- JUMPING. JUMPING..
JUMPING AND JUMPING.
I really want her to not knock any bars at AKC.
Really, really, really. It will really suck if Guiness
beats us...Although I may be hanfdling him
anyways...but still Wicca is an amazing dog if she
would just pick up her feet...
So we are going to do jump chutes EVERY day. I don't
care if I have to go out and do it in the dark, or
come to work half an hour early. We are jumping EVERY
day....that's that.

Vito and Sam got to stay home and my dad came over to
stay with them. It was a CKC event so Vito isn't
really allowed, and Sam gets too wound up....Poor
Sam...

-Amanda

No comments: