Friday, July 13, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot


Well it is mid July already- hard to believe. And it is VERY hot....Half the time I feel like I am melting. And it is only supposed to get worse....


Anyways, on to a cooler subject...(lame, I know but still funny)

I am changing jobs soon and I am feeling very, very good about it. The kennel has been a great place for the past year but I am getting more and more frustrated working there (becuase of things I won't discuss here) and when I had an offer from a friend to work at her just opening Doggy Daycare- AFTER some deliberation I jumped at it. I think it will be more like what I thought the kennel was. - A place where dogs can play, get exercised, stimulated and attention. I am really excited about it and will let you know how it goes. My current boss is still unaware that I will be leaving- he is in France for the month so I will talking to him as soon as he is back. I am debating about sending an email to him a few days before he gets back...The daycare will be opening the second week of August (the 13th) So in a little over a month I will be working at Paws on the Run....Fun!


The picture above was taken at the AAC Regionals a few weeks ago...same with this one. This one is funny because of her tail- she has always had a high tail set but this is ridiculous! :)




Wicca has been getting better and better. I am really happy with how she is doing. We have been working hard on our weave entries and jumping. Her contacts, startlines, discrimination and distance are all really great right now, but I know that one of those is bound to take a beating soon...We have a CKC Agility trial this weekend- hopefully we can finish up our Novice title. And then our Go! Dog Go! Trial is the 28th weekend- it will be very fun- but lots of work, and then the weekend after that is the big AKC Show in Calgary- it is the Cardigan National Specialty and I have Wicca entered in Altered...(hehee) Agility, and Rally...It should be very busy, and very fun.
Sam is still lame. It makes me sick.
Vito is growing up to be quite a good littel dog- thankfully he has been doing quite a bit of growing in recent weeks and is more and more energetic. Which is a good thing. We have done some agility stuff- but mostly we are working on just being a good dog.
I have a training plan made up for him
What he knows:
Sit- 100%
Down- 100%
Stay- 50%
Come- 80%
Touch- 100%
Target 75%
Watch 50%
Fetch 30%
Heeling- 80% (10-15 steps)
Swing 50%
Finish- (left) 75%
Bottom- 50%
Things to work on:
Fetch
Watch
Target
Swing
Heeling
Bottom
Things to Teach in the next 6 weeks
Stand
Go
Ready
Rear Cross
Front Cross
High Five
Left
Right
And I wonder why I am tired!!!!
Anyway- I won't promise to write more as it never seems to happen but I will try and make it here more frequently...

No comments: