Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pixel- Agility Update

Pixel continues to impress me. She is such a good girl and often does better than I expect. Guess I need to raise my expectations eh? Her overall speed is improving and her understanding of handling cues makes me so happy. All that foundation training has certainly paid off!!!

Here is the set up from last nights class. Pixel ran each of these sequences.



Set up #1 (top)
I initially walked it a little differently than I did for Wicca- giving her a bit more "help" to find the backside of 3. I shouldn't have worried as she had no problems. We did have a few minor blips in the weaves- not the entry but in the middle. She still doesn't have a solid rhythm so often gets too far ahead of herself.

Set up #2 (left)
I just did the first and last part of this exercise and didn't put it together. The weave entries were tough for her so we just did three poles- so i could reward for the entry alone. It worked well and after a few times she was driving for the entry.  Off the dogwalk was the hardest one for her- esp. since I am still rewarding heavily for a solid 2on2off. Speaking of dogwalks we had moderate success last night. She is at least looking ahead and will stop about 80% of the time- visible target plate or not. So the progress is there- just wish I had more opportunity to train...

Set up #3 (right)
She rocked this- had great (confident) teeters, and had no problems with the threadle to a front cross at 8-9-10. Happy, Happy.

So yeah, I am pretty pleased with the progress in her training. We still have some weak spots- weaves, contacts, and distance- but it's all improving so I am happy.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Keep up the good work and she'll get it.
Bones and treats,
Bronson and Pepper