Thursday, February 04, 2010

Seminar Weekend

I have a seminar this weekend(actually starts tomorrow) that I am super excited about.

Terry Simons is from California and runs Duck Tollers, and Border Collies. He is a fantastic seminar presenter and I have nothing but good things to say about him. We bring him to cold, snowy canada once a year and make fun of his sandals and t-shirts in the winter... :o)

I've gone to three or four (maybe more, I can't remember) seminars of his and have been happy with all of them. He is a very down to earth kind of person and doesn't get stuck up on systems and rules. Instead he focuses on consistency and getting the best/most out of the dog. He also has a great sense of humour and is seriously funny.

I always come away having learned something useful, and feeling pretty good about my dogs and or my handling. Not only does he challenge you, but he pushes you to do the best you can, and will help you figure out how to get the most from your dog. The motivational aspect of his teaching is the best thing about his "method" frankly.

I have Pixel registered for a novice session, Boone in two handling sessions, and Wicca in a full day and a half handling/course analysis type session. Terry makes us work hard so I am sure to be beyond exhaustion by the end of the weekend!

I will be blogging each night so I don't forget stuff...so stay tuned for updates.

and just so this post is not completely boring to the non agility people...


Here's an old photo of Wicca- she was probably about Pixel's age in this photo...maybe a bit younger....

2 comments:

Jules said...

OH! Baby Wicca!!

Have an awesome time this weekend. Learn lots!

Diana said...

Whoohoo , flying thur the air. Diana