Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fading


Fade, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

Wicca has quite a lot of grey on her muzzle now- it's spread from the bare edges of her lips to all the way around and up on to her muzzle. Her colors have faded quite a lot too in the past year or so. Her tan points used to be a rich tan color and now it is light. I noticed too that her tan and black is blending together on her face.

She is still beautiful, but starting to look like an old dog at only 6 years! I told her it makes her look mature and smart...

8 comments:

Sarah said...

her personality makes up for any fading, fur-wise :)

Kate said...

GoGo is 5 and is getting a few gray hairs in his points. Wow, they get old fast. :(

Nicki said...

It's so sad, I think my dog is very gray for 8, but they all vary. Still, so sad that they must age.

onecollie said...

Beautiful picture of Wicca!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Our male pem looks like this too. His muzzle all of a sudden has become this way...sigh, he'll be 10 in March. We've started giving him baby aspirin once a day as he licks his paws more and more in the evening. The boy still loves to play due his strong herding instinct. I hate to see them age, and wish they'd live forever. What great dogs they are.

Paws on the Run said...

Very cool pic!

Elf said...

Nice photo. My hair is doing the same sort of thing. I'm probably about the same equivalent age. :-)

Loretta Mueller said...

I see the same thing when I look at Zip, but that is OK, the naughty ones live forever!!! :)